For example, you could set up an auto responder when you are out of office for a few days which could alert those emailing you that you are away.
Viewing Auto Reply MessagesAll messages are stored and displayed on the right-hand side of the page. The page lists items in a list view, which contains information about whether the message is active (enabled), the message content and an option to delete the message.
Managing Auto Reply MessagesManaging auto replies includes viewing, editing, or deleting existing auto replies, as well as creating new replies.
To Create an Auto Reply Message:
- In the Auto Reply Secondary Menu, click Add New Auto Reply Message.
Alternative, press alt+n.
- In the Auto-Reply Message screen, complete the following:
- Title: Enter the title for your new message.
- Specify Start/End Date: You can schedule your auto-reply to begin at a specific date and run until a specific date.
- Specify Start/End Time: You can schedule your auto-reply to begin at a specific time and run until a specific time.
- Condition: You may specify to respond only to specific messages sent to your account as opposed to all messages.
- All conditions
- From specific address
- To specific address
- When CC’d
- Subject contains
- Condition Text: Specify the text which an incoming message must contain in its Condition email header field for your auto responder to be sent.
- Message Text: In the large textbox to the right of “Message:” type the messages you would like the auto responder to email as a response.
- Click Add.
- In the Enable column, clear the checkbox.
- In the Enable column, select the checkbox.
Note: If the message contains a previously specified date and time, please clear the date or make sure the date occurs in the future.
- In the Auto Reply column, click the message.
- In the Edit Auto Reply Message screen, make the required modifications.
- Click Save.
- In the Delete column, click the Trashcan icon.
- In the Confirmation dialog, click Delete.